Sunday 18 February 2018

Challenge One - Pride and Prejudice



Image result for pride and prejudice cover



Quiet Please Crafters! You’re in The Library now.

If you love reading – or just looking at book covers – this challenge is for you.  Each challenge will feature a book and you can be inspired by :
The cover
or
The title
or
The Story
Challenge one is a well-loved classic : Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. (Well done to those who guessed it!) 

As this is a new challenge, The Librarian has added a few notes to get you started.

You can be inspired by :
The cover - for example the peacock, the colour combo, the layout (use it like a sketch?).
or
The Title - What do the words Pride or Prejudice mean to you? How about a card to tell someone you're proud of them? Or a layout featuring your pride and joy?
or
The Story -  Any project on the theme of romance could work. 

Here's how The Librarian interpreted this challenge: 
See my blog for more details.
See my blog for more details.
Challenge schedule dates are in the sidebar. Challenges will be posted fortnightly but each challenge will last for 3 weeks. This challenge will close on 10th March.

I hope you will join The Library! 



16 comments:

  1. A great idea Marina, will definitely join in once I get my new craft room up and running. Hope you get lots of entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Marina! This is a great idea for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Marina! As a librarian of thirty years this challenge is calling to me big time! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea for a challenge, with an opening inspiration that is sure to spark plenty of entries! Your cards: swoon!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I just found your challenge! I am a new follower. Thanks for the inspiration, hummm...let's see what I can come up with!

    Follow me back if you like.

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol steered my in your direction. This sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm already thinking of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not see a link for the second card - so let me just say its truly cool with the people cut outs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun challenge! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous inspiration and such a fun challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading was my first love and so I'm excited about this new challenge! Your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the first challenge! I had super fun making my card, I truly enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! A great challenge and two great inspiration cards. I am really taken by the romantic aperture with the text peaking through. Really lovely!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun idea. I have an idea but am waiting for my stamp to arrive in the post, hope it does x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun idea. I love books. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY! Count me in! (You're cracking me up... I'm a librarian! ๐Ÿ˜œ)

    ReplyDelete